As the title says... Chat on...

By Holger Banko
#42987 Hi Guys,

I have used the online build service to make sure that I got the ws2812 module in my Lua images. Flashed it to my ESP2866 dev board and all seems to be fine so far.

When I connect my ws2812 strip with 6 LEDs to GPIO014 and run this code

Code: Select allpin = 14 -- GPIO Pin 16 top left
leds_rgb = string.char(255,0,0, 0,255,0, 0,0,255)

ws2812.writergb(pin, leds_rgb)

nothing happens. The LED strip gets 5V separately from an external power supply. The ESP is connect via USB on my PC. Tried to have the strip and the ESP to share the same ground. Change the pin, bot not a change. The LEDs remain dark. Well sometimes after a few minutes the first turns green which seems to be random.

Any clues? Thought that would be one of the easiest things to try :-).

Holger
By TerryE
#43046 If you are using the latest dev build then this has a UART based ws2812 driver. This is solid with 100s of devices in the daisy chain, but RTFM. You can't use GP14. You have to use GPIO2.
By Holger Banko
#43066 Thanks! Never thought that certain functionality might be there with certain pins only (exception ADC). The documentation for the WS2812 doesn't say anything about it.

Will try that later today and hope that was the issue.

Holger
By giovanne
TerryE wrote:If you are using the latest dev build then this has a UART based ws2812 driver. This is solid with 100s of devices in the daisy chain, but RTFM. You can't use GP14. You have to use GPIO2.

can you please link me to the latest dev build with UART based ws2812 driver.
Is it precompiled or do I have to compile it by myself?

Thanks.