Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By AdrianM
#43438 Mattia, 7mA sounds like the quiescent current of the 3V3 regulator - the Feather appears to bring out an EN pin to shut down the regulator maybe this is what you need to do https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-feather-huzzah-esp8266/power-management

One thing I noticed when connecting Resest to the Wake pin (GPIO16) through a resistor is that the Reset input appears to have some capacitance that takes a while to discharge (maybe 100nF looking at the CR time-constant on a scope). A direct connection to GPIO16 might therefore cause a glitch on the internal supply as the output struggles to discharge it with no current limiting. This is with a bare ESP6266-12E module. To get comfortably below the reset threshold before the pulse goes high again I'd use no more than 220 Ohms.
By Mattia Durli
#43477 My Huzzah breakout has been running almost 24hours now, with a 500mA battery, with a deep sleep every 60s.
No resistors at all.

My Feather Huzzah with the same software with and without various resistors continues to hang.
I'll buy another one just to verify if mine is defective.
And I'll try with a 160R resistor between GPIO16 and RST, with 330R and 660R continues to hang, with the red led dimmed.
Reset button doesn't work, have to disconnect the power to reset.

Thanks!
By reaper7
#43511 did You try capacitor instead resistor? for me it is best solution.
4,7u or 10u between PIN16 and RST. I test it on wemos mini, flashing OK, manual reset OK, deepsleep with wake up via pin 16 OK.
By AdrianM
reaper7 wrote:did You try capacitor instead resistor? for me it is best solution.
4,7u or 10u between PIN16 and RST. I test it on wemos mini, flashing OK, manual reset OK, deepsleep with wake up via pin 16 OK.

Well that's one way to quickly remove the charge out of any small capacitance on the RST inout :shock:

The problem is that the capacitor will be "trying" to push the RST up to 6.6V after pin 16 stays low long enough to charge it - or pull RST down to -3.3V after something else (e.g. reset button) releases RST from 0V. This leaves it entirely up to the input clamp diodes to prevent damage to the pins. This is how clocked voltage doublers, triplers etc. work.