Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By PaulRB
#43684 I wonder if the reason that the Feather has its own board type but Huzzah uses the generic board is because of the on-board usb-serial adaptor and it's auto-reset circuit. The IDE may have to send extra commands to the usb chip to make it perform auto-reset. With the Huzzah, you have to perform the reset for program upload yourself by pressing two buttons. WeMos D1 mini has a similar arrangement to Feather, and it too has its own board type.

Looking at the circuits connected to the RST pin in the Feather compared to the D1 mini, i can see very few differences. I can't see anything that would make wake from deep sleep unreliable on the Feather. Perhaps @reaper7 or @AdrianM could spot something.

Feather schematic
Huzzah schematic
WeMos D1 mini schematic
By AdrianM
#43692 First time I've looked at the schematics for those boards. One odd thinig I noticed on both Adafruit designs was the LED and series 1K between GPIO0 and Vdd. GPIO0 has to be High to run or low to flash on boot-up. The forward drop of the LED doesn't look like it will produce a very solid high to me. I'm sure it works for most but it's not what I'd put into production.

The RTS/DTR auto flash arrangement shouldn't have any effect on the wake signal but once again Adafruit are placing a pull-up resistor on CH_PD on both designs. I really don't get why because CH_PD has an internal pull down so if ever this GPIO is set as an input, it will float somewhere mid rail. Maybe someone should ask about this on Adafruit forums some day.
By Mattia Durli
#43694 Well any of you really should, I definitely don't have the expertise to debate this :D , I'm just experiencing the problem.
But I have a very reliable test bench that gives repeatable results: Breakout works perfectly and Feather hangs.

I'm banging my head on the Feather because I read that others have my same deepSleep problems with Breakout instead.
Maybe I'll order other Breakout and will have this same problem with those too... so I'd really love to find a solution.
By martinayotte
#43704 @AdrianM, For the CH_PD, I would never rely on weak internal PullUps, especially that Espressif is saying the following since the beginning in the HardwareUserGuide :
The enable pin CH_EN (pin 7) can also serve as a reset pin. If voltage for CH_EN pin is low, the
chipset ESP8266EX will power off. Note that this pin cannot be dangled.