Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Mattia Durli
#43305 I don't know, but with this code
Code: Select allvoid setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  delay(100);

Serial.println();
  Serial.println("Normal mode");
  delay(10000);
  Serial.println("Entering deep sleep");
  ESP.deepSleep(10 * 1000000, WAKE_RF_DEFAULT);
  delay(500);
}

void loop() {
}

with just the wire from GPIO16 to RST, after some cycles the board enters in zombie mode (tested USB and battery), red led dim and pressing reset button is useless, I have to disconnect power.

Now with a 660R resistor between GPIO16 and RST it has been working for 2 hours, on USB.
Testing with battery now.

I don't know the reason, but it works. Same bard, same bench, same software, nothing else attached.
By Mattia Durli
Kleinhirn wrote:I connected it directly. My Huzzah Feather Board is working now for four weeks. It wakes up every 15 Minutes and is sending a UDP-Packet to the PC. If i control it, i haven't missed a packet until now.

That's what I did, too, but my board with deep sleep in a range from 10s to 60s (done various tests) hangs when coming up.
Tried with external power (charger bought at adafruit, pc usb, LiPo battery) hangs after a few minutes.

Same board, same program, same bench, with the resistor among GPIO16 and RST works.
By Mattia Durli
#43405 Last update:
Feather Huzzah with 660R between GPIO16 and RST, 10K pull up on GPIO0, worked 15 hours on battery (500mA) until discharge, sending data to ws and deep sleep for 60s cycles. Without the 660R resistor would hang after a few resets.
76mA when sending data, 7mA when in deep sleep.
Tested again this morning, on usb power, it hanged after 2 hours (not with the red led dimmed this time), power cycle and restarted.

Tested for the first time my Huzzah Breakout, with just a wire between GPIO16 and RST, just changed the board in the Arduino IDE "Generic" to "Huzzah", and worked on usb power for 2 hours.
Testing now on battery.
It draws 70mA when sending data, <1mA when in deep sleep.
It seems the Huzzah Breakout works as the Feather was supposed to do, without any resistor.

I don't understand why all these differences. Do I have a defective Feather? But then, many others it seems, I'm not the only one with this hang on deep reset problem.
Some have my Feather problem on their Huzzah.
Why when on deep sleep the Feather draws 7mA? (was supposed to be <1mA, as the Huzzah is doing).

I'm on exactly the same test bench, same software, same PC, same Access Point, same chargers.