Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Benn
#62581 Its not $7 but $7 + $3.30 shipping. Delivery from Aliexpress can be up to 2 months waiting time. OPI is cheaper and nicer hardware but support is too horrible. Even a pro-programmer finds diffculty in this crap. See everywhere complains. Buy it and then scrap, lol.
I rather advise RaspPi because this sort of MCU need support from community. Without community supports, you can get frustrations and end up dumping aside after wasted your months of time.
Fashim, everything is expensive and your time is also money. If you do not make this project, you save more money. The least cost is depends on what is your requirement. A simple low resolution camera taking a shot is much easier. Check around internet, there are few projects there. You have to do your homework before asking. That way you save your time more.
By martinayotte
Benn wrote:Its not $7 but $7 + $3.30 shipping. Delivery from Aliexpress can be up to 2 months waiting time. OPI is cheaper and nicer hardware but support is too horrible. Even a pro-programmer finds diffculty in this crap. See everywhere complains. Buy it and then scrap, lol.

My 4x AliExpress orders took only 4 weeks. Don't rely on orangepi.org support, it is better to use Armbian images instead of crappy BSD kernels. As being a Armbian contributor myself, I don't agree with you sentence "Even a pro-programmer finds diffculty in this crap". Maybe you're talking about those BSD Kernel ?
Well, that would be the same thing as using 3 years old Raspberry images, and not upgrading them, no body support them any more.
By fersal
Benn wrote:Sorry but nobody had answered this thread anymore. So it also tells you that you can forget about this project of yours.
I had found out you can take pictures but not video. Videos are just too complicated for this mcu to handle. Get a Pi at least to handle video. Some said use the way of taking photos and process into videos. That is just too slow and lame.

Hello. I read your answer. Can you tell me where to find how to take pictures with OV7670 and ESP8266? I am interested in both the scheme and the sketch. Thank you.