Chat freely about anything...

By themindfactory
#665 When the VM comes up its running XP, all in Chinese, so it makes it very hard to find how to change the language when all prompts are Chinese! :o

Anyone????

Thanks.
By mamalala
#668 Create a new VM and install Windows in it (or you can use your regular Windows machine, if you have one).

Then go to https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C4DDF72E6EEA3826&id=C4DDF72E6EEA3826!631 and grab the ESP-IOT-SDK-NOVM, unpack that ZIP (should give you a readme and a RAR file), then unpack the RAR and start the resulting self-extracting EXE. Have it extract to c:\ directly.

Follow the instructions in the readme files there. You need to get a license file somewhere, probably from the Chinese VM. It is in the C:\usr\xtensa\XtDevTools\install\tools\RC-2010.1-win32\XtensaTools\Tools\lic directory. If you use that you may need to set back the time by a year or so.

There is a way to get the command-line tools (not the IDE) working without that, if one only wants to use that. But i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post how to do that.

Greetings,

Chris
By mamalala
#672 Searching for "Win32:evo-gen" reveals that Avast seems to have continued problems with giving false positives for that. I'm doing a scan right now with another AV tool, let's see if that also finds anything.

Greetings,

Chris