The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By themindfactory
#666 Not going to be all that helpful if It can not stay connected! :roll:

Need to work this one out.
By elektronika_ba
#667 Well it is kind of solved. There is AT+CIPSTO command that can extend that timeout.
There is just one more thing, it would be great if this module answered to KEEP ALIVE messages when socket connection is established. It seams that it doesn't answer to KEEP ALIVE though. Maybe it was my module that is having that problem (I have the old version with only TX RX GND and VCC pins broken out). Can someone else give it a try?
By elektronika_ba
#777 Updated the documentation and server source on github. Currently thinking about the hardware and building a website for User and Base registration.

I am wondering if it is possible for these modules to communicate with each other, without connecting any of them to the internet or to a server in local LAN. Something like nRF24L01 work.
By scargill
elektronika_ba wrote:Well it is kind of solved. There is AT+CIPSTO command that can extend that timeout.
There is just one more thing, it would be great if this module answered to KEEP ALIVE messages when socket connection is established. It seams that it doesn't answer to KEEP ALIVE though. Maybe it was my module that is having that problem (I have the old version with only TX RX GND and VCC pins broken out). Can someone else give it a try?

When you say you have only the old version.... what is the difference. I have a unit that does not seem to work properly and I've no way to know if it's old or new.. any info would be helpful.