The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Burak Günay
#11613 I can connect to api.thingspeak.com on port80 by using AT+CIPSTART then all I need to do is sending the rest of the command using GET /update?<key>..... And it works fine ...
I think thingspeak is a shared hosting too just like pushingbox but it doesn't require either "HTTP/1.1" code statement or "Host: api.pushingbox.com" statement coming after the api key (or device ID) or sth ....

Why can't we be succesful using the same code on pushingbox ? I can't find any code that can communicate with pushing box via a terminal software like SSCOM , Real Term through ESP8266 with CP2102 UART bridge...

Please somebody help ... I'm about to go crazy ....
By Hexor
#11634 Hi,

See this topic about shared hosting : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1880
I can't update if I do manually, but if it's my Arduino who update: no problem ! :shock:

PS: I think thingspeak is not on a shared hosting: If you make a ping on thingspeak.com, you can find the ip adress and if you put this IP adress inside your navigator you will go on thingspeak's website. A shared hosting don't do that.
By Burak Günay
Hexor wrote:Hi,

See this topic about shared hosting : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1880
I can't update if I do manually, but if it's my Arduino who update: no problem ! :shock:

PS: I think thingspeak is not on a shared hosting: If you make a ping on thingspeak.com, you can find the ip adress and if you put this IP adress inside your navigator you will go on thingspeak's website. A shared hosting don't do that.

Thanks for your answer ... So , Is the code below going to work then ?

Code: Select allGET /pushingbox?devid=mydevid HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: api.pushingbox.com\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n

At least on an embedded platform other than a PC terminal program ...?