The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By RogerClark
#4871 I've built the IoT Demo in the IoTSDK (esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.3)

But when I attempt to upload, it always fails at 43% and the file seems far too large, its 2.5Mb !

Looking at the make function, it makes a bin file for eagle.app.v6.bin like this

xt-objcopy -O binary .output/eagle/debug/image/eagle.app.v6.out .output/eagle/debug/bin/eagle.app.v6.bin

But I suspect that I should not be using this file because its in hidden folder.

Can someone tell me which file I need to upload, as its obviously not that one ;-)
By Tomer
RogerClark wrote:I've built the IoT Demo in the IoTSDK (esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.3)

But when I attempt to upload, it always fails at 43% and the file seems far too large, its 2.5Mb !

Looking at the make function, it makes a bin file for eagle.app.v6.bin like this

xt-objcopy -O binary .output/eagle/debug/image/eagle.app.v6.out .output/eagle/debug/bin/eagle.app.v6.bin

But I suspect that I should not be using this file because its in hidden folder.

Can someone tell me which file I need to upload, as its obviously not that one ;-)

You are not flashing the correct file, look here ttps://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki/wiki/Building on the "preparing the firmware" section