Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By roccomuso
martinayotte wrote:Simply question of wording, yes, SSR means SolidStateRelay, but when I see only Relay, for me, I see a coil relay ... ;)
Recommendations ? that depends of your requirements, voltage and current.
If you don't have much space, the Omron G3MB series are pretty popular, but they are only 2A.
Beware also that even if direct connection to ESP GPIO may work, it is strongly suggested to keep driving them with a transistor of MOSFET, they are small too, like 2N7000.

Thank you for reply.

Just another question, what kind of capacitor do i need, 470uF 16V or 25V? Does it matter? I don't want to burn everything :')
By martinayotte
roccomuso wrote:Just another question, what kind of capacitor do i need, 470uF 16V or 25V? Does it matter? I don't want to burn everything :')

Since this capacitor is across 3.3V/GND, smallest is beautiful. I would prefer a 470uF/6.3V across a 100uF/16V, the first is smaller in size, but higher in farads. So, look what you have in you inventory.
By roccomuso
martinayotte wrote:
roccomuso wrote:Just another question, what kind of capacitor do i need, 470uF 16V or 25V? Does it matter? I don't want to burn everything :')

Since this capacitor is across 3.3V/GND, smallest is beautiful. I would prefer a 470uF/6.3V across a 100uF/16V, the first is smaller in size, but higher in farads. So, look what you have in you inventory.

Look, these are the ones i have: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291534041440

Are those ok?