Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By shoelessone
#33048 I'm wondering if I"m missing something, or just aren't very good at finding parts. I'm guessing it's the former, and perhaps a bit of the latter.

So to clarify, can you recommend a reasonably priced 100uF for surface mounting? I'm trying to keep my budget down, but when I look for "100uF" on something like digikey I seem to either get these huge ass through-hole capacitors that are basically the size of my entire board (ok, small exaggeration :)), or something still huge that costs 4 bucks a piece (more then basically all of the other components).

I feel like I must be so annoying to ask these questions, but could I use something in the 10-50uF range? For example, I'm looking at this 47uF on digikey. The price is reasonable, it's a reasonable size, but it's of course not 100uF. [edit]: oops, hereis the link: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/3889253 [/edit]

Thank you again!
By shoelessone
#33078 I've heard that!

What do you think about a 47uF + .1uF in parallel? Is that just not acceptable?

I'm really trying to balance cost, functionality, and part of the reason I'm making the PCB is size (and also the look!).

So something other than a giant expensive 100uF cap would be amazing.