A place to put your YouTube video that is ESP8266 related.

By freedom2000
#57424 Here is my new Halloween magic Candel.

You can light it again and again --> perfect for Halloween, a lot of effect on kids !

Beware however that the electrods give up to 10000 V... but very low intensity :twisted:

The inverter can be found on ebay --> look for : DC High voltage Generator Inverter Electric Ignitor DIY Kit for 18650 Battery

JP
Last edited by freedom2000 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
By piersfinlayson
#57428 Very entertaining :D. Of course I can't see any problems with an internet enabled fire starting device :twisted:.

Out of interest how precisely do you have to locate the electrodes to ensure the wick lights so reliably?
By freedom2000
piersfinlayson wrote:Very entertaining :D. Of course I can't see any problems with an internet enabled fire starting device :twisted:.

Out of interest how precisely do you have to locate the electrodes to ensure the wick lights so reliably?

No sure, absolutely no danger...
Well ... at least I have not opened the ports, so it only works on my local network :oops:

The electrodes fire when less than one cm and when powered by a lipo 2s
With 1s, it must be very close : 3mm .. too close to work reliably.

If you increase too much the voltage you will blow the NPN transistor (I did it so I am sure !)

So finally the electrodes must not touch the wick. If they do , the light will dim and vanish.
Here is my candel before first try, you can see the electrodes (two white wires around the wick)

eCandel_electrods.jpg

JP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.