Questions with regards to ESP8266 Basic and hardware interfacing and control via Basic commands

Moderator: Mmiscool

By ssylca
#54527 Hi, I wonder if anyone has experienced my problem.
I have for a few months been using ESP8266-12E to monitor temperature, humidity, battery voltage and posting the values on ThingSpeak. I have several ESP doing this, some using the 'sleep' command, others just 'delay'. They are directly powered by 3.2V LifePO4 batteries. As a rule, everything works fine for a week to 10 days, then the ESP stops connecting to the web and drops from STA mode to AP mode. The program still runs (as indicated by the blue led flashing that I use as a 'heartbeat' monitor) I then need to re-start the ESP at ip 192.168.4.1 and reset the SETTINGS ssid & password, then everything is ok again!
Any idea why? Suggestions?

Thanks,

S - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11630#sthash.DbjPDtqb.dpuf
By forlotto
#55203 Have you tried to set that devices macid to a static ip via your router possibly. What you could do is try to manually assign it a static IP via the settings page. I am guessing you have another device that takes that devices IP on connection or possibly after the lease time is renewed. Try to isolate the problem from a networking standpoint. So far I have all my devices connected to the internet and once configured I have had Zero down time always on always working from anywhere in the world.