So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Ethan IRON
#96345 Hi, i have a problem with nodemcu v2. I connected a led strip on pin TX but now the board does not boot up. I know that TX must be high at boot and infact if i connected a small resistor from 3v to TX and everything now works fine. But is it safe? will i burn something? thank you
By rooppoorali
#96366 It is not recommended to connect an LED strip to the TX pin of the NodeMCU v2 board as this pin is typically used for serial communication and may interfere with the boot process of the board. It's possible that the LED strip is drawing too much current from the TX pin, which is causing the board to fail to boot up properly.

Connecting a resistor from 3V to TX may allow the board to boot up properly, but it's not a recommended solution as it may not be reliable and could potentially cause damage to the board.
By Ethan IRON
esp8266_dude wrote:You can safely use Pull-Up.

PS. You mean WS2812B LEDs? If Yes, You will need voltage translator too (from 3.3 to 5V).

Thank you, when you say that i can safely use Pull-Up do you mean that what i did is a Pull-Up? or Pull'up is a different circuit?
About the regulator i already tested the strip and it work even without the regulator thanks :)