Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Reza Naima
#14772 I'm using the WiFiClient example trying to connect to my router. The module connects just fine with the standard AT command set. When I try using the example with Serial.setDebugOutput(true); it will just repeat

scandone
reconnect
scandone
reconnect

over and over at about 1 message a second. After long enough (10+ minutes it will occasionally connect). When I try dumping some debugging info, it seems to change channels frequently (my AP is on channel 7, it will usually go back and froth between 4 and 7 as it's trying to connect).

For the few times it managed to connect, it's supposed to transmit a string with an incrementing value to spaarkfun. The URL portion which is printed out has it's pointer incrementing on each loop. For example, it starts of with

https://...

then

http://...

then

ttp://...

when it hits the end of the string, it then starts printing out the next string in memory (i.e. some IP address).

Is there a way to look at all the source that is being generated by the IDE to try to debug the problem? I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. Doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem.
By Reza Naima
#14878 I bought a new router and it has no problems connecting to it.

It takes approx 1000 seconds worth of retries before it connects to my old router, an Asus RT-N16 running the tomato firmware. However, the AT command firmware as well as a simple .c application I wrote do not have any problems connecting to the router so it's not the hardware.

So there is something going on in the arduino code that's breaking things.

Is there any way to look at all the code that the IDE generates to be able to identify what's causing the bug.
By Reza Naima
#15220 Nope, it stopped working. I'm just using the WifiClient example script, but this is what I get with debugging enabled. Any suggestions?

nect
.scandone
..reconnect
.scandone
..reconnect
..scandone
..reconnect
.scandone
..reconnect
.scandone
..reconnect
.scandone