Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By gerardwr
#13339 UPDATE 3-5-2015
-----------------------

Just to let you know that I got the mDNS_Web_Server example working today after a software update. The sketch now reacts both on the IP number as on esp8266.local.

Schermafbeelding 2015-05-03 om 20.04.10.png

I tried several software updates in the past weeks, but the sketch refused to work till today, after the following software update:
- Arduino 1.6.3 from the Arduino site
- igrr's esp8266 software installed acc. https://github.com/sandeepmistry/esp8266-Arduino

Don't know at what software version the bug was fixed, but it works now !

For reference the original post is kept below.

--------------- original post from 3-3-2015 ----------------------------------------
Hi,

The ESP8266 environment in Arduino really works excellent, and igrr provides excellent support, kudos !

The mDNS example provided is only partly working for me.

- The sketch compiles, upload and runs OK.
- When I point my browser to the IP number of the ESP the ESP responds as expected with "Hello from ESP8266 at 192.168.1.100".
- But when I point the browser to http://esp8266.local, the ESP does not respond, no output in the Serial monitor.

I'm on Mac 10.10.2 with Safari as browser, so no additional steps should be required. Also used Chrome without success.

Also used the App Bonjour Browser, but the ESP is not seen as Bonjour device.

Anyone having success with this example on a Mac?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gerardwr on Sun May 03, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By DangeRuss
#13815 It looks like igrr closed that issue, but I'm still having the same problem as you are both having. I don't see any commits that change the mDNS portion of the code. Does anyone know how we can implement DNS-SD support along with the mDNS that is already there?

-Russ
By AdaBill
#15633 I'm running Win7 and have just got the ESP8266 to connect via the Arduino IDE (1.6.1 + Patch). I can't get the web page to come up on ESP8266.local. I have Bonjour installed on my laptop but it doesn't show up as an add-on to chrome. Could that be the problem? Anyway, thats what I'm looking at currently.

Also, I'm using the NODEMCU board and I haven't been able to figure out how to add the extra power to 3.3vdc that is coming :? down via the USB cable. Could that be the problem also?

lots of problems awaiting answers. thats the fun of it!

:?

Bill