Chat here about code rewrites, mods, etc... with respect to the github project https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By KurtB
#18643 Hi,

I tried a complete reinstall of the arduino IDE without success getting the latest Version from Github. I'm also intressting to Know how to do to get the latest version.
KurtB
By torntrousers
KurtB wrote:Hi,

I tried a complete reinstall of the arduino IDE without success getting the latest Version from Github. I'm also intressting to Know how to do to get the latest version.
KurtB

Another "me too i don't know how to get it to pick up changes but would like to know", but from what i can work out, the 1.6.4 IDE puts preferneces and board manager download stuff into a directory. If you reinstall the IDE and that directory is still there it will still use that old stuff and not reinstall. By default that directory is (in Wndows) C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15, so all the IDE installs will share that. If you don't want to share that and instead have multiple IDE installs with different board versions of ESP then you can create a directory named "portable" in the IDE root directory, and then that is where the IDE preferences and baord manager dowloads will go. Eg i have \Arduino\arduino-1.6.4 and so put a portable directory in there and so end up with C:\Arduino\arduino-1.6.4\portable\packages\esp8266...
By KurtB
#18659 Hi,
many thanks for your Information.
I deleted the whole Directory you mentioned before reinstall. Therefore 150MB was downloadet again.
I never got the latest Version which includes SDK 1.1.0
KurtB