ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By didadito
#56188 Hello everyone

First time posting on this forum, hopefully not violating any netiquette ;)

I'm using the eclipse windows framework by CHERTS and the esphttpd project as base for my webserver project. At the moment heatshrink is also enabled.
I observed some problems with reading (web) files from the espfs filesystem with espFsRead(), probably caused by different interpretation of the linefeed. My html files generated on windows use CR+LF as default for a new line.
Now the thing is espFsRead returns the the data length as I would expect: with CR+LF as 2 characters, in the data though there is only 1 character left (LF), but the length of the data string is still like with 2 characters. Unfortunately that causes additional junk characters at the end of the string.

I suspect the encoding/decoding process of heatshrink to cause this, but I am not completely sure. How should I deal with that? Can i define a flag somewhere for that case? Like a binary mode (was already looking for O_BINARY, but haven't found a solution in that case) or a config define in heatshrink?

I wouldn't mind at all if the read/decompressed data use LF as newline, but then at least I would suspect the returned length to be correct and/or the the string to be terminated at the correct position...

To be honest I have the feeling to overlook something trivial, as others would have had the same behaviour, but i couldn't find anything ;)

Of course I could change the EOL settings in Notepad++ (already tested and it works) but i would prefer a universal windows compliant solution :)
By didadito
#56312 I found out that it most probably isn't caused through heatshrink, as there is the same behaviour when heatshrink isn't enabled/used.

At this point I suspect the problem to be in the filesystem generation. Maybe Sprite_tm or somebody else can help me with this? My guess is that during the webpage/filesystem generation the actual filesize of my windows file is determined and used in the file header (with CR+LF for a EOL). But then the webpage is saved to the filesystem with only a LF for a EOL.

Can somebody confirm that and tell me what to do, to prevent that behaviour?

Thanks!