ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By tve
#16953 Is there any partial work on this that I could build on?

For my purposes, I believe that I would be OK only having 256KB (minus bootloader and config) for the whole esphttpd package because I don't expect to have much in espfs. However, one scheme that would provide a 256KB espf that occurred to me is to run a 2-step upgrade process:
- initially the code is in partition 1 (256 KB) and espfs is in partition 2 (another 256KB)
- the upgrade starts by disabling espfs and uploading the new code into partition 2
- then the system restarts into partition 2
- upon restart it detects that partition 1 doesn't have espfs and thus enters limited functionality mode in which the new espfs can be uploaded into partition 1
- once that's done the upgrade is complete with the new code in partition 2 and espfs in partition 1
- the next upgrade uses the same steps with 1&2 flipped
Overall this sounds more complicated than it really is and if it's driven by a nice script that POSTs the binaries to the esp it should be pretty fast

Can't wait.... sigh... :-)
By Sprite_tm
#17045 Yeah, we might want to get this over with... your idea sounds good and pretty similar to the code that's already floating around. If I have time, I can see if I can whip something up.