Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By kolban
#35254 Howdy folks, the December release of the book is now up.

http://neilkolban.com/tech/esp8266/

My current thinking is that once the ESP32 becomes generally available, the book will expand to include ESP32 information as well as ESP8266.
By playinmyblues
#35304 Hi Kolban.

It is great to have this book to learn about the ESP8266. I have read up to page 40 of the Nvoember release and then downloaded the December release. Thanks for keeping up with it although I am not very far in.

I do have a suggestion for those wanting to keep up on the additions to your book - a sticky at the top of the topic detailing the changes made to each revision. Either that or a blog with the changes.

Thanks for the book!
By kolban
#35309 Howdy @playinmyblues,
There should be revision bars on the left side of the text that mark if it differed from the previous month's release.

As to sticky at the front showing what has changed ... that assumes that there is a plan for major changes. As I wander through ESP8266 land and study what I find there, I make notes and records of my travels. That is pretty much what the book contains. In addition, as I revisit previous sections, I re-read and try to improve. That means that I polish and tinker with what has been before. I'm afraid that there is nothing like "Chapter 23 is new this month" ...