Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By AJB2K3
#30899 Close sourcing the book is a wise management decision.
I am a bit confused why you refused. Could you not use your book as a bases and then get it tree and ebook versioned to help raise money for yourself?

I understand why it becomes more of a chore then a hobby but wouldn't the funds allow you to buy more hardware and play with more tech?
By kolban
#30901 Electronics and ESP8266 are hobbies. Given that an ESP8266 costs about $3 ... I can afford all the ESP8266 that I might ever need :-) What I need more than anything is free time ... and although money can indeed buy that ... I can't envisage any scenario where the return on "working" (as opposed to playing) on a book would allow me to stop working for a living (and continue to live the way I want to).
By David Griffith
#31207 Good book kolban!

Regarding TCP network packets - the 1460 byte chunks are a result of the ethernet packet size. Normally that's 1500 bytes (the typical MTU in Ethernet) and then you subtract 40 bytes for the header to give a data length (the max segment size).

The 1460-bytes-at-a-time is typical behaviour of the network stacks I've seen - eg. in .NET when you get TCP data instead of callbacks you can check for data available and then continuously read the socket, assembling the data in a buffer until you get a zero length on your read, and the chunks you get per read are 1460 bytes.
By cottsak
#31372 @kolban,

You mentioned in the book about the 1x UARTs and how one is only TX and designed for debugging. Is there a way I can use this to free a GPIO on ESP-01 and still dump my serial debugging to my FTDI (Arduino serial monitor)? or perhaps I misunderstand?