Chat freely about anything...

By Hack
#1070 My modules arrived today. A little longer than expected, but within the promised delivery window the seller provided.

Hack wrote:I ordered 5 modules from Aliexpress seller "Small Mall" late on Aug 28th. I received shipment notification on Sept 5th. As of yet the tracking information is useless.

This doesn't surprise or bother me one bit.

I've placed 17 orders from Aliexpress.com since April (nearly $580 in radio equipment, airsoft gear, and electronics parts).

I've always received my orders, and only one of them was received outside of the promised window.

Realize that if you don't get what you ordered within the guaranteed time frame (if there is a posted guaranteed time frame, not all sellers have them) you get a refund. The key is to keep an eye on the timer. You have until the timer runs out to file a complaint. You can have the seller extend the timer, and if you haven't received the product then it is in their best interest to extend it. As I understand it they don't get paid until the timer runs out or you click 'confirm receipt'; if you don't get your stuff, and file a complaint, they don't get paid.

The one time I didn't get my order the seller extended the timer by a week (at my request) and the package showed up in the US a few days later (and at my house a few days after that).

I've never been impressed by the tracking offered by China Airmail, or even ePacket, but once they hit the US, USPS does a decent job of providing tracking info. For whatever reason, most of my stuff comes into New York state.

I search for sellers who ship ePacket, offer guaranteed delivery time frames, and offer free shipping.

I will continue to buy from Aliexpress without concern.
By mahadevan
These are the ESP-04 SMD with all pins broken out to castellated pins, no built-in antenna, dimensions 15.0 x 12.0 mm, in lots of 5. You can get these for 3$/piece in QTY 25...

As there is no antenna, do we need to add extra antenna ourselves or does it have some sort ceramic antenna?