Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By hellobinayak
#7641 Receiving junk/garbage values on serial monitor while connecting ESP with arduino UNO. I have been trying to connect my arduino uno with ESP8266 for past couple of weeks. Going through other videos and tutorials, I connected RX of ESP to RX ofarduino, TX of ESP to TX of arduino, VCC to external 3.3V supply with adequate current. CH_PD to 3.3V as well. GND to GND. Remaining pins are left open. Both the red and blue leds of ESP turn on while connecting it to uno. But when I open serial monitor, I receive junk values on sending AT commands. For example out looks like jz3}÷a-. I tried every possoble mode; from no line, NC RC everthing with every baud rates possible. But nothing makes any good. I haven't used any level shifter for RX & TX. Please help me to sort out this problem. Tired of it!
By hellobinayak
Alex_S wrote:Hm..
Tx line - is transmit line.
Rx line - is receive line.
So the Tx line of aurino should be connected to the Rx line of ESP8266 and vise versa.
May be this can help you.

Thanks for your rply. But it doest work as well. Doing so, I dont get any output on serial monitor. May be something else is making all the trouble.