Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By l0ur3nz0
#7749 With bare minimum, I confirm tx to tx, rx to rx, correct baud rate and NL CR, works ok.
My ESP-01 non updatable came with 57600 baud. Other may came with 9600 or 115200.

My problem is that I don't get answers when is the arduino schetch sending the at commands and can't figure out WHY!

After trying with level converters now I'm using it without any... So far so good.
By hellobinayak
l0ur3nz0 wrote:With bare minimum, I confirm tx to tx, rx to rx, correct baud rate and NL CR, works ok.
My ESP-01 non updatable came with 57600 baud. Other may came with 9600 or 115200.

My problem is that I don't get answers when is the arduino schetch sending the at commands and can't figure out WHY!

After trying with level converters now I'm using it without any... So far so good.

so you mean to say that problems were resolved by adding level shifter??
By l0ur3nz0
#7801 No.

If done right, level shifter doesn't seem to have impact on communications (it works ok with USB-to-TTL converter to arduino softserial). Now, I don't use levelshifters (disclaimer: is up to you to do this - you may BURN your electronics).

I still have problems running and communication through arduino sketch.
hopefully I'll try this debug code viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1304 later today.

And... I still have 2 arduinos I haven't tried yet :P
By Alex_S
#7818 It is strange that you don't want to give the answers for simple questions...
So it looks like you are not insterested in result.

At last - little hint from my side: if you have the UART<->usb adapter, it may be very helpful to connect ESP8266 to this adapter first instead of arduino and then check if it works via terminal software.
Then you can connect arduino to this adapter and check what it sends via uart to the module. You can even simulate responses via terminal.
And when both devices are working correctly with terminal, it is sensable to connect them to each other.