Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By tooandrew
#8133 i have a usb to serial adapter on the way, but in my haste, i didn't realize it would be coming from china. therefore, i've ordered another, but it will still take a week, and i'm so close, i'd like to get started. i've already made breadboard compatible breakouts for all four of my esp-03's and found the default baud rate, and recieved the vendor name and "ready" from the esp, but it just echos my AT commands to me, so i was wondering if it was possible to upgrade the firmware through the communication i've already gotten functional via the arduino. This is the sketch i use to communicate with this, as well as my bluetooth modules. As it turns out, the default baud rate for my module is 9600

Edit: my module came loaded with cloud update firmware and I only had to switch my serial terminal top NL/CR

Code: Select allvoid setup()
{
  Serial1.begin(9600);                 
  Serial.begin(9600); 
delay(5000);
Serial.println("test");
}

void loop()
{

if (Serial1.available())
    Serial.write(Serial1.read());
  if (Serial.available())
      Serial1.write(Serial.read()); 

}

thanks, and i look forward to the advice i'm sure i'll recieve.
By l0ur3nz0
#8205 It seems you have a Leonardo so, I think it is not possible.
If you had a UNO that you could pull the at mega out of the board, I think you could use it as a usb to ttl converter, connecting the esp to the rx and tx pins.
By villTech
#8213 i can use my leonardo to reflash my esp modules.

just set up the required esp pins for flashing and your sketch is just fine for reflashing. the only concern is your baudrate. im set to 115200. though it is mentioned that esp bootloader is auto baud, you need to check your flasher program baudrate.
By tooandrew
#8283 As it turns out, I got lucky. the modules I received are already running the cloud update FW - the reason they were not responding to at commands was that my terminal was not set to NL&CR. I was using a micro, but I have a heap of other boards. I'm up and running successfully note, thanks for the advice, guys.