Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By eric6286
#43463 Ok I'm going to try this, but I think that I've already an ARM version, the below line works perfectly into terminal without any bug. It's basically the IDE generated line, with missing parameters manually added (after the : .rodata -bc -ec)

Code: Select all/home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/esptool/0.4.8/esptool -eo /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.1.0/bootloaders/eboot/eboot.elf -bo /tmp/build03404dee50bd52e6a7e5abb98066b567.tmp/TEST_WIFI_NodeMCU_V2.ino.bin -bm dio -bf 40 -bz 4M -bs .text -bp 4096 -ec -eo /tmp/build03404dee50bd52e6a7e5abb98066b567.tmp/TEST_WIFI_NodeMCU_V2.ino.elf -bs .irom0.text -bs .text -bs .data -bs .rodata -bc -ec -cp /dev/ttyUSB0 -cb 115200 -cd nodemcu -ca 0x00000000 -cf /tmp/build03404dee50bd52e6a7e5abb98066b567.tmp/TEST_WIFI_NodeMCU_V2.ino.bin -vv

Again, many thanks for your replies and help !
By eric6286
#43465 I've just rebuilt esptool, and always same problem.

Code: Select allgit clone --recursive https://github.com/igrr/esptool-ck.git
cd esptool-ck/
make clean
make

And copying esptool in the right location, replacing the current one :

Code: Select all/home/pi/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/esptool/0.4.8/

arduino and esptool madness ... :?
By eric6286
#43470 Well I'm going to built my own arduino from sources. Maybe a stupid idea, but I didn't find any voodoo amulet, piece of kriptonit or strange alien artefact hidden in my Rpi case, so ... :P
By eric6286
#43554 Hello,

I was unable to properly compile arduino IDE for RPi.

But it seems there's really odd things about the way that esptool command line is built by the toolchain. If I comment esptool related lines in platform.txt, I get always the same error :

Code: Select all#tools.esptool.cmd=esptool
#tools.esptool.cmd.windows=esptool.exe
#tools.esptool.path={runtime.tools.esptool.path}
#tools.esptool.network_cmd=python
#tools.esptool.network_cmd.windows=python.exe

#tools.esptool.upload.protocol=esp
#tools.esptool.upload.params.verbose=-vv
#tools.esptool.upload.params.quiet=
#tools.esptool.upload.pattern="{path}/{cmd}" {upload.verbose} -cd {upload.resetmethod} -cb {upload.speed} -cp "{serial.port}" -ca 0x00000 -cf "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.bin"
#tools.esptool.upload.network_pattern="{network_cmd}" "{runtime.platform.path}/tools/espota.py" -i "{serial.port}" -p "{network.port}" "--auth={network.password}" -f "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.bin"

#tools.mkspiffs.cmd=mkspiffs
#tools.mkspiffs.cmd.windows=mkspiffs.exe
#tools.mkspiffs.path={runtime.tools.mkspiffs.path}

#tools.espota.cmd=python
#tools.espota.cmd.windows=python.exe
#tools.espota.path={runtime.platform.path}/tools

#tools.espota.upload.protocol=espota
#tools.espota.upload.params.verbose=
#tools.espota.upload.params.quiet=
#tools.espota.upload.pattern="{cmd}" "{path}/espota.py" -i "{serial.port}" -p 8266 -f "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.bin"

It seems that esptool command line is built elsewhere in the toolchain, and platform.txt file is ignored for this task.

Actually, I can compile sketches but I've to upload them manually with esptool.

If someone experiment same kind of error, thanks by advance for your feedback.