Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By GengusKahn
#10635 Look at the decoupling and ground path around the adjustable regulator or use 3v LDO (AMS1117-3.3), the modules themselves are VERY robust, I do not have level converters or resistors......and they are very stable(3* ESP8266-01 + 1 * ESP8266-201 running now...).

I have not been using the AT firmware other than to test out an Arduino mini/nano connection, only custom firmware or NodeMCU and Lua scripts via Lua Loader and the ESP's continuously interact via the Uart to PL230 & CP2102 without issue for days.....the longest any have stayed unchanged as 1 thing is 3 days.....powered down to be reconfigured etc. then on again.....all use AMS1117-3.3....(5* about £2)......
By Burak Günay
#10702 The dupont cables perhaps giving me hard times ... I changed the cable configuration on the board as in the shortest possible way that they should be connected to ... Now one of my modules works fine , (for now) and the other is having its latest moments I suppose ... The working module is almost @42 degrees , and the other is more than 52 degrees and getting hotter the more it works ... I'm really curious about your modules temperature ? Could you give me a hint about that .. ?
By GengusKahn
#10712 The 317T uses an internal bias based on the RAdj, if the cables have been on and off more than 4 or 5 times the internal mating contacts on the DuPont cable open up and ADD resistance and therefore the Vout will be UNSTABLE, you could be over voltage / under current who knows.......

Temperature of my modules is Finger sensor only.....barely perceivable warmth definitely not an issue.

Left a matrix of WS2812 * 40 running on 10400mAh USB power bank with about 60% charge lasted almost 8 hours before the battery depleted...........ESP8266 like an old soldier kept going until the lights went out......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOhLD8HLfg4

The Matrix with some of the other ESP8266 Forum users code running...see thread..... :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1441
By Burak Günay
#10723 I measured the current of my module and it draws 78 ma ... So is it normal ? And thanks for the LM317T hint .. I didn't know that it had such a weird issue ... BTW I tried LM1117 - 3.3V it works quite fine .... I had to mount a heatsink though since I have an adapter that supplies 9Volts and the rest of the heat must be dispossed of ... My module's been working for 5 hours non-stop ... But I'm expecting a problem though .. :D I'll keep you posted about the following 12 hours ... :)