A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By GeoNomad
jagjeetsingh wrote:i have no experience with esp8266. Been searching for wifi modules for controlling robot from my phone or laptop.

The thing is as there always is some external wifi access point required in all projects i have seen.

i want to connect my phone directly to the module. Basically it should be acting as a wifi serial link, so i can send data to microcontroller via this module.

i have been looking at soft-ap mode, but there is no demonstration for that.

Search for server to find numerous webserver examples. That will set up the esp8266 as a server you can connect to with your phone.

But you still have to code the web page that you can use to control your robot. Accept commands from the phone and have the esp send the appropriate command to the robot.
By picstart
#9148 Identity theft is an issue. Having a photo of the person aids with this. Given safety is needed most will never post a picture of themselves.
This is evidenced by the fact that 90% of posters leave the photo id empty or place a picture of a pcb or anything else.
Can users who dislike the photo feature turn it off. It just takes up space and wastes time.
Thanks in advance
By jagjeetsingh
GeoNomad wrote:
jagjeetsingh wrote:i have no experience with esp8266. Been searching for wifi modules for controlling robot from my phone or laptop.

The thing is as there always is some external wifi access point required in all projects i have seen.

i want to connect my phone directly to the module. Basically it should be acting as a wifi serial link, so i can send data to microcontroller via this module.

i have been looking at soft-ap mode, but there is no demonstration for that.

Search for server to find numerous webserver examples. That will set up the esp8266 as a server you can connect to with your phone.

But you still have to code the web page that you can use to control your robot. Accept commands from the phone and have the esp send the appropriate command to the robot.

thanks. earlier i was reluctant to open these projects on google with wbserver. actually i ahve done with rf modules, but it is more hardware. but with esp you got to have knowledge of networking. will post with further querries :D
By Shadow023
#12449 I've been playing with the ESP8266 and been unable to send unassociated packet data. Is there anyway to do that using the AT commands or do you have any pointers in going about writing my own AT and/or firmware for the module?