Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By jtheires@netins.net
eriksl wrote:... there appears to be no hardware i2c support on the esp8266, so you're free to use whatever pins you like and run one of the software "bitbanging" implementations on it.

ericsl,
Can you point us to a working library to "bitbang" (softwareI2C) our esp8266?
Do you know of any implemented in Arduino sketch?
I just built msuzuki777's ESP8266-as-Arduino IDE, and would like to stay with it for all my 8266 programming.
By IsaiasDg
#26407 Hi, I'm working with an AT24C32 I2C eeprom and I have some problems to set I2C pins in ESP8266, as @tytower. I followed @martinmayotte's instructions posted in this subject but they didn't work for me, I don't know if I'm ignoring something. I'm working with Arduino/ESP8266 IDE 1.6.6, recently reinstalled. Someone can direct me with this issue?

Thanks in advance
By martinayotte
#26414 Is it compile time problem or runtime ?
If you enable verbose in preferences, at the beginning of compile the IDE displays the paths of the libraries you've included.
Is the I2C comes from something like .arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/1.6.5-947-g39819f0/libraries/Wire (this path will differ since you are on 1.6.6) ?
Did you provides PullUp resistors on I2C pins ?