Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By nicoverduin
#5473 Forget local PCB manufacturers. Too expensive. Excellent quality though. I always go to Iteadstudio.com If I have the time. But there are more alternatives in China. I doubt shipping from china to Netherlands or Portugal will be any different. You'll need patience of course..... Shipping is usually about 2-3 weeks. But you will need Gerber files of course.
I just checked their download of the design. I contains all the Gerber files but also the Eagle file. You can download a free version of Eagle which can handle a pcb of 10cm x 10cm so a 5x5cm version is no problem. Eagle can always generate the Gerber files for you again.
I ordered a PCB in September 5 x 5 cm. It cost me including shipping US$ 13.90. And I got 11 PCB's. Counting always seems a challenge with the Chinese :mrgreen:
But it makes the cost for one PCB only 1.40 USD. About 1.10 euro......
By martinayotte
#5486 Yes ! there is plenty of China PCB houses. I've got my PCBs done by them lately...
But since the delay is long, better have a design that fills all your futures needs, including your current ones.
Of course for short terms needs, such as this breadboard adaptor, I suggest to simply take your soldering iron and make a DYI adaptor with wires and connectors.
Then, enjoy the esp8266 world, and take your time to figure out your project's needs and then do a real PCB design ... ;)